Watch Out For Utility Agency Imposters
In recent months, reports on San Diego County social media and news sites have indicated a scam is facing the community with imposter water agency representatives knocking on doors and asking to test tap water inside homes. Utility scams have rapidly increased over the past few years, and Rainbow Water is issuing a warning to the community to be on the lookout for individuals posing as employees of a water agency.
The San Diego County Water Authority, Eastern Municipal Water District, and Rainbow Water will not enter a private residence to test water. If needed, samples are taken by ratepayers and delivered to the water agency.
Tips to Avoid a Scam
- All utility agency employees wear agency logo apparel, carry agency identification, and drive agency vehicles with California license plates.
- Request for payment will not be solicited by a water agency at a residence, online, via email or text. Payments will not be requested by purchase of gift cards, water accessories, or water line insurance.
- Water agencies will not request access to enter a residence or business without an appointment. Persons claiming to be from a water agency should be turned away and reported to local law enforcement.
- Anyone who refuses to wait while you contact the water agency should be considered a fraud and reported.
Please report any incidents by phone to:
- RMWD Customer Service, (760) 728-1178
- San Diego County Sheriff Department Non-emergency dispatch, (858) 565-5200