Skip to main content

How do I obtain a new water or sewer service from Rainbow Municipal Water District?

Contact the Engineering Department with the address or Assessor’s Parcel Number to determine if there is water or sewer available for the parcel. If water and sewer is available, the property owner must fill out a new service form for a new water meter and sewer connection. Once the forms are submitted with fees paid, the owner must hire a private contractor with a Class A: General Engineering Contractor license to install the water and sewer laterals per RMWD standard and specifications. The contractor must coordinate with the Engineering Inspector for inspection of their work. New water meter requests where pressure will be less than 20 psi must sign a low pressure agreement and where the water pressure is above 150 psi must sign a high pressure agreement and install a pressure regulator at the owner’s expense.

Water service installation diagramSewer service installation diagram
Join our mailing list