Calling All Fourth Grade Artists
As a North County Water Agencies (NCWA) member, Rainbow Water is proud to present the 2024 Water Awareness Poster Contest. The poster contest is exclusive to fourth grade students in North County, and entry forms will be distributed in 2024 to local fourth grade classes.
Students are encouraged to participate in the water awareness activity by designing an original poster depicting the theme, “Love Water, Save Water.” The posters are voted on by water agencies, and winners are printed in the 2025 NCWA calendar.
Use your imagination to illustrate how to “Love Water, Save Water.” Your picture can show:
- Ways you love or save water at home or school;
- Ways you love to save water so there’s enough for all living things
- Imaginative new ways others may love to save or recycle water for the future
- Ways you love to prevent water pollution
- Ways our ancestors may haveloved to save water
- Complete the calendar contest form with name, school, artists statement, and contact information.
- Use bright, bold colors. Avoid using fluorescent paints or highlighters.
- The poster must be created with marking pens, colored pencils, acrylic poster paint, water colors, crayons, or torn/cut paper or fabric. Words, if used, should be printed large and kept to a minimum, and remember to check your spelling. Please note: posters done in only lead pencils, ball point pens,or computer-generated graphics will not be accepted for the contest.
- The poster must be an original work of art. Please avoid submitting art that resembles published cartoon or comic characters, artwork from other contests, or artwork from the NCWA calendar.
- To be eligible for the contest, a student must be registered as a fourth grade student in a school within the boundaries of the Rainbow Water service area OR a student must be enrolled in the equivalency of 4th grade in a homeschool setting and reside within a sponsoring water agency’s boundaries. Proof of school registration, and/or home address may be required.
- Each agency will select three winners. Entries will be judged on:
- Best Expression of the Theme
- Poster Design
- Artistic Skill
- Entries may not be returned to students, and all entries become property of the North County Water Agencies and may be edited for content or space, or used in other promotions without further compensation to, or permission from, the artist.
- Contest forms will be delivered to local elementary schools at the end of January 2024.
- Additional forms are available in the lobby of the Rainbow Water District office.
- For more information on submitting a poster, and to request a copy of the entry form please email PR@rainbowmwd.ca.gov
Entries must be dropped off at the Rainbow Water District office by April 1, 2024.
- Visit the Rainbow Water District office to submit your entry and pick up your complementary 2024 NCWA Calendar (while supplies last).
- One entry per student. An incomplete entry form will automatically disqualify the poster.
- North County Water Agencies and its member agencies will not be responsible for lost, stolen, illegible, or misdirected entries.